Preparing for Navaratri
We recreate ourselves and our lives when we focus our attention inside and use practices that activate our inner divine qualities and energies, in this case those of the Divine Feminine.
We invite you to take time to prepare for Navaratri in any of the following ways:
- Create a Divine Mother altar, including sacred items such as images and murtis/statues of different forms of Mother, for example, Sai Maa, Durga, Kali, Lakshmi, Saraswati, Mother Mary, Quan Yin (along with flowers, candles, crystals, offerings of fruit or sweets).
- Create a space near the altar to go within and practice. Have a pillow to sit on and, if possible, an asana (woolen mat) and mala (sacred beads).
- Have a journal to write your experiences as you practice, or your insights from contemplation.
- Set an intention for what you wish to create within yourself and manifest in your life during Navaratri through your practice, focus, and devotion. See, feel, experience this intention so that it is clear and real for you.
- Schedule at least 30 minutes in the morning to practice alone or with the daily activations, and 20 minutes during the day to reflect and journal.
Day 1-3, use these mantras to invoke the Goddess Durga or Goddess Kali and the energy of Vibrancy.
Mantra for Durga: Om Dum Maha Durgayai Namaha
Mantra for Kali (a manifestation of Durga): Om Klim Kalikayai Namaha
Day 4-6, use this mantra to invoke the Goddess Lakshmi and the energy of Abundance.
Om Shrim Maha Lakshmiyei Namaha
Day 7-9, use this mantra to invoke the Goddess Saraswati and the energy of Illumination & Enlightenment.
Om Aim Saraswatiyai Namaha