Customer Care Specialist
You’re a caring and competent Customer Service professional, who’s committed to going ‘the extra mile’ to allow the customer experience to be a smooth and joyful interaction with a satisfactory outcome.
You have proven customer service experience, along with an understanding and interest in efficient operations that can improve the customer service process. You have an innate ability to ensure our customers, community, students and team members feel heard, reassured and empowered.
Traits for Success:
What You’ll be Doing in this Role:
- Collaborating with the director of Customer Care and Registration, as well as our marketing team, events & programs team, and other global teams.
- Delivering outstanding support to our customers, students and community.
- Taking ownership of regular customer service tasks and registration administration.
- Working responsibly with customer inquiries, including resolving payment issues and following through on customer matters from start to finish.
- Bringing your insights, knowledge, and support to other members of the customer service team.
Reading this makes you say, “YES — that’s ME!”
- You understand that keeping customers happy means truly understanding their needs and challenges.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are resourceful, flexible, creative, and a quick learner.
- You love finding new methods and processes to improve the customer experience.
- You’ve had work experience in a virtual environment where 99% of the customer care happens online.
- You’re 100% comfortable working in a virtual environment.
- You’re an effective, clear communicator.
- You care deeply about your work, colleagues, and the well-being of the company you work with.
- You’re always looking for ways to add value, work smarter, and improve your efficiency.
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Computer and tech savvy with the ability to learn new technology systems quickly
- High level of proficiency in Google Drive and standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Experience with ZEN desk (or a similar customer care email platform) is a plus
- Experience with other platforms/products such as a CRM, Event Registration platforms, Telegram, Zoom
- Highly self-motivated to serve others with compassion, and work intelligently through customer-oriented documentation and processes
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Focused attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and be agile as needed in a fast-paced, growing environment
- A positive, high-energy and customer centric/solution-oriented mentality
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to tailor communication to audience
- Discernment to identify a solution to the customer’s query or to direct them to another department that can provide assistance
Traits for Success:
- Passion for, and dedication to, your own growth, joy, transformation and well-being
- Coachable, open to feedback
- Takes ownership – ability to lead and inspire others to complete tasks
- Effectively operate across a broad spectrum of global teams
- Self-motivated and a sense of urgency when dealing with time-sensitive issues or meeting project timelines
- Takes initiative on actionable tasks, following guidance from supervisor
- Flexibility and the ability to accommodate change
- A deep love for helping people and being of service