Project & Event Manager
As event manager, your job will be to produce our live, in-person events impeccably, including interfacing with vendors, coordinating supplies, and working closely with our volunteer coordinator. You will be the go-to person for everything involved in producing an in-person live event.
These two roles have been combined for a full time position. We currently have only a few in-person events scheduled for 2022 and are in need of a project manager between live events. We are looking for someone who has the skills and aptitude to handle both positions.
Objectives of this Position
- Collaborate with and develop the project team to ensure maximum performance, providing purpose, direction and motivation.
- Develop detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation, and delivering every project on time within budget and scope.
- Lead projects from requirements definition through post deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation.
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments.
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that the project team adheres to project requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes.
- Producing all live events, within budget and with impeccability, utilizing all the project objectives outlined above for the production of the event.
Project Manager – Accountabilities
- Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle, setting project quality and performance standards, and assessing and managing risk within, and across, multiple projects.
- Perform CANI (constant and never ending improvement) meetings post-projects, and make recommendations for changes and improvements. Once approved by management, implement those changes on subsequent projects.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with outside resources—including third-party vendors.
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plan.
- Manage and facilitate project meetings on a regular basis.
Event Manager – Accountabilities
- Review, update and maintain event standards, protocols and checklists.
- Coordinate the global production volunteer team with Awakened Life’s Seva (Volunteer) Coordinator.
- Oversee transporting, purchasing, organizing or renting all supplies and equipment needed for events.
- Traveling to, and managing production for, major events in the United States and potentially international events.
- Assisting in production of Sai Maa’s events in Japan, Europe & Canada by supplying event standards, equipment, and answering questions.
- Managing the live production of the events onsite, including working closely with Awakened Life’s Managing Director, the online program production manager (as applicable) and the onsite staff and seva (volunteer) teams.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years project management experience
- Previous success in working with event management
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work with various personalities
- Participation in Power of Patterns and/or the Journey of Profound Healing and a regular practice in working with one’s triggers for transformation
- Detail oriented
- Flexibility, with the ability to prioritize work to manage unforeseen obstacles in project timelines
- Works well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and works effectively in a remote work environment
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
- Experience developing in-house platforms for internal processes
- Experience coaching and educating project teams to strengthen team members’ capabilities and skill sets
- Background in event audio/visual and lighting