Diksha Training Guidelines
This training may be offered to one person in an informal setting or to a large group as part of a program. The important thing to always remember is that we never charge for Sai Maa Diksha or Sai Maa Diksha training. It is always passed on as a gift from Sai Maa.
Although it is not necessary for Sai Maa Diksha practitioners to be students of Sai Maa we always acknowledge and offer gratitude to Sai Maa for making Diksha available to us. You may do so in your speaking and by having a photo of Maa in the room.
Throughout the training Sai Maa’s energy and Shakti will be present and therefore it is important that we hold a space of reverence and grace. You are invited to keep the training simple, direct and concise knowing that each one already holds within them the knowledge and wisdom of working with energy and light. If many questions arise from the trainees you are encouraged to invite them to trust their experience and inner wisdom and remember that the power of the energy of Sai Maa Diksha will do all the work.
The words in italics are a suggested script to help you present the training. You may use these words or similar words that are more comfortable for you as long as you maintain the essence and intent. The training should be completed in about 30 to 45 minutes.
Welcome and Introductions
- Thank everyone for being here.
- Introduce yourself(s).
- Today I will be sharing with you how to offer Sai Maa Diksha, a gift that comes to us from Her Holiness Sai Maa. I’ll start by speaking about what Sai Maa Diksha is and where it comes from; then I’ll demonstrate how you can offer it to others. We will have a brief activation during which we receive the initiation of the Sai Maa Diksha energy. You will then have the opportunity to practice offering Sai Maa Diksha to each other.
- First I will speak about Sai Maa (point to picture) who has gifted us this wisdom, out of Her great Love and Compassion for the world.
- Sai Maa is a spiritual master, healer and global humanitarian. Sai Maa has centers throughout the US, Canada, Europe and Asia, and ashrams in India, and spends much of Her time traveling the world giving lectures and workshops and offering spiritual healing. Sai Maa has established many humanitarian projects worldwide, providing food, clothing, education and medical care for those in need. Sai Maa has been recognized in India as Jagadguru, (Master of the Universe), a true living Saint.
- If you are a student of Sai Maa’s, you may share a few words about your relationship and personal experience with Sai Maa.
Each one of us is born with the seeds of Divine light, love and peace within. Diksha cleanses the fear-based patterns that are stored in the brain that keep us from experiencing and revealing our Light, thus enabling us to live as our true essence.
Although Diksha is traditionally offered directly from a Master to a select group of students, Sai Maa recognizes that we are at a unique time in history and the need for this Divine light is greater than ever. Therefore Sai Maa has designed this simple, powerful technique that can be learned and offered by everyone. After a long tradition of Diksha being offered only to a select group of students it is a great honor to not only be able to offer Sai Maa Diksha but also to be able to train others to offer as well. In this way we are able to bring divine light and illumination to numerous people around the world.
As we all are divine in essence, when we receive Sai Maa Diksha the powerful energy dissolves the deep patterns that veil the experience and expression of our true Self. Our potential starts to express itself in joy, abundance and bliss and we empower ourselves to reveal who we truly are.
You may offer Sai Maa Diksha to anyone and as many times as they desire. You can offer Sai Maa Diksha to children, babies in the womb and even your pets!
- Stand comfortably in front of the Receiver.
- Place your hands in front of your chest in prayer position in honor of the Receiver and the light within them. (5 seconds)
- Bring your hands to either side of the Receiver’s head, a few inches away from the ears, palms upward and silently call upon Sai Maa and the energy of Sai Maa Diksha. (10 seconds)
- Hold your hands about an inch above the Receiver’s head, palms down, base of the thumbs touching each other, your hands slightly cupped. Hold your hands there until you feel the flow of energy or for about 10 seconds.
- Slowly and gently lower your hands onto the Receiver’s head, with the heels of the palms touching the upper forehead of the Receiver and the remainder of the hands and fingers on the top of the Receiver’s head. Important: Your hands should be touching the head but the touch should be light, not putting too much of your weight on the Receiver’s head. They should be able to move their head if necessary. (2-3 minutes)
- The Light will flow into your crown chakra at the top of your head, down to your heart, into your arms and out through your hands. All you must do is remain open.
- After 2-3 minutes, gracefully remove your hands by lifting them upward.
- Place your hands in front of your chest in prayer position silently thanking the Receiver for giving you the opportunity to offer Sai Maa Diksha.
- When offering Sai Maa Diksha to ourselves we move through the same steps, placing our hands together on our head with the heels of the hands just below the hairline.
- It is important to acknowledge that the energy of Diksha is not coming from us. We have been initiated to offer this blessing, which is activated by Sai Maa and moves through us. Therefore we cannot “taint” the energy of Diksha. Even if we are not well physically, emotionally or mentally, we are still able to offer Diksha as the power of that light is so much greater than anything we may be experiencing and will still pass through us to the receiver.
- We never charge for Diksha. It is a gift from Sai Maa.
- It is not necessary to explain what Diksha does or who Sai Maa is in order to offer to someone. You may even use a different name offering them a “blessing of light” or saying you wish to share an energy technique you have learned for example.
We may also offer Sai Maa Diksha at a distance to anyone, anywhere in the world. To do so, we move through the same process: offering our gratitude, opening our hands to receive the energy of Diksha, imagining the person sitting in front of us, then we may either bring our hands together as if they were physically present or simply visualize our hands of light on their head. We stay in this position for 2-3 minutes and then complete by offering our gratitude.
Sai Maa has said that all souls are now yearning for the light, therefore we do not need to ask permission of the person we are offering Distance Diksha to and it is not necessary for them to know that we are offering Diksha to them.
Offering Diksha to Yourself
You will follow the same process of placing your hands in front of your heart, then hands with palms up near your ears, then hands over your head, and then gently touching your head. Instead of your two thumbs being together, your little fingers touch, along with the side of your hands. After 2-3 minutes, gracefully remove your hands by lifting them upward.
Answer any questions about the demonstration (see the Frequently Asked Questions document to guide you).
Now we will take a few minutes together to receive the activation of energy that will initiate you to offer Sai Maa Diksha as well as to inwardly offer our gratitude for the gift we are receiving in being able to share the light of Sai Maa Diksha.
Let us all close our eyes and take a few breaths into our heart. Feel the light of your heart. Invite the grace of Sai Maa and Sai Maa Diksha to enter your heart. In whatever way feels right for you offer your gratitude for what you are receiving, the gift of being able to serve the light in another and the light in yourself. Together let us call on Sai Maa to activate the energy of Sai Maa Diksha within us.
If you have the “Sai Maa Diksha Photo” of Sai Maa you may now invite the trainees to open their eyes and gaze into Sai Maa eyes in the photo. Inform them that Sai Maa has activated this photo to transmit the energy of Sai Maa Diksha, particularly through the eyes. As they gaze at the photo for a few minutes invite them to open to receive the powerful energy of Sai Maa Diksha.
Allow a few moments of silence for everyone to be in the energy.
If you do not have the Sai Maa Diksha photo you may simply invite them to sit in silence after calling on Sai Maa to activate the energy of Sai Maa Diksha.
After a period of silence bring the activation to a close and continuing to speak in the energy of stillness and reverence, move into guiding them in practicing offering Diksha to one another.
When they have finished, ask the partners to exchange places. Again, verbally lead the Diksha Givers through the process.
Closing and Next Steps
Congratulate everyone for being initiated and trained to offer Sai Maa Diksha!
Encourage them to offer Diksha to themselves and others as much as possible, since the purpose of this initiation is to use and spread the energy, and to serve as many people as possible. Also, the benefits will grow and stabilize more within them every time they offer and receive.
Inform them that in addition to offering and receiving, they are now able to train and initiate others in Sai Maa Diksha. They can refer to the FAQs below to learn more, and to access the Training Guidelines under the question, “Can I train others how to give Sai Maa Diksha?”
On the Diksha webpage, they can also sign up to receive Sai Maa Diksha from others, and to join Sai Maa Diksha teams that offer the energy to others as a group.
Frequently Asked Questions
Developed by world-renowned spiritual master Her Holiness Sai Maa, Sai Maa Diksha is an energy technique for the transference of Divine Light directly into the brain and nervous system that may help you experience a feeling of deep peace, a spreading of warmth, or maybe a lightness of being. This gentle, hands-on technique illuminates your dense patterns and memories, and dissolves the seeds of fear and raises your state of consciousness.